Expert help to convert website visitors into customers
As any savvy business owner knows, turning website visitors into paying customers is known as conversion rate optimization services. CRO typically occurs on landing or pricing pages and is highly dependent on user experience.
Advances in technology are giving business owners more tools than ever before, especially when it comes to CRO. But with everything from inventory to payroll, few owners become proficient in CRO or even learn how to implement useful technology. Fortunately, conversion rate optimization services offer expert help.
Technology drives new trends
New trends in CRO rely heavily on technological advancements. A specialist SEO company can help maximize a site’s full potential. For example, the speed at which a page loads is crucial for users. Fifty-three percent of mobile users abandon a website that takes more than three seconds to load. For businesses, getting the help they need to optimize their website to perform well, especially for mobile users, will ultimately pay big dividends.
Tracking user activity offers another way for a CRO service to help convert visitors to customers on a company’s site. Artificial intelligence (AI) provides a crucial building block in today’s online businesses. Using AI, CRO services can track visitors to a site and analyze visitor activity. Using the information gathered allows businesses to target campaigns, better strategize, and adjust an overabundance of factors.
Good CRO services offer focus and testing
One of the main reasons to hire a The CRO service is centered on the scientific method. A good SEO service will approach improving a company’s CRO like conducting a science experiment. They will observe, create a hypothesis, test their prediction, analyze the results, and adjust the business strategy accordingly. True professionals leave nothing to chance or base their decisions on “intuition”.
A good CRO service focuses its efforts on each business individually. They look at competitor traffic rather than general traffic; they break down specific segments within the client’s site rather than general segments. In other words, they don’t compare a customer to Amazon if they own a specialty beef jerky store.
What CRO services know about online payments
The part of our brain that reacts to pain reacts the same way when we part with money. For this reason, nearly 68% of carts are abandoned before online payment. For the average business selling online, it would be important to recover even half of those lost carts. Good CRO services know the statistics and advise their clients accordingly:
- People react more favorably to prices when listed without a dollar sign.
- Decreasing the type size when listing prices can cause people to loosen their wallets.
- High shipping prices are the number one reason people abandon shopping carts; conversely, free shipping encourages them to continue shopping.
- A “continue” button as opposed to a “register” button leads to 45% more account creations.
- Businesses that use forms that allow customers to enter their credit card information exactly as it appears on their card (in the exact order) lose significantly fewer checkouts.
Social media and calendar
Social media plays a key role in businesses large and small. Good CRO service providers advise owners on details like specific Facebook and Instagram posting times. Timing is important because target audiences are active at different times, and CRO service providers familiarize themselves with the myriad of studies revealing these facts.
Trends at the end of 2022
Here are the top conversion rate optimization trends as of the end of 2022:
- User experience. Many CRO services seem to be urging their customers to ditch the annoying pop-ups of years past. While the idea behind the pop-ups was to collect information, they actually caused site abandonment. Instead, CRO services analyze what makes visitors stay and turn into customers.
- Machine learning and AI. AI and chatbots deliver services at a fraction of the cost of human labor, and they understand the nuances better. Look for CRO services to recommend the use of this technology to even their smallest clients.
- Transparency. Although this word has been used lately, consumers demand it. If a company senses insincerity, the death knell may as well sound. CRO services know how to help their clients show up.
- User Generated Content. We used to call these “reviews”. Whatever their nickname, they are more important than ever, and a good CRO provider advises clients to employ them.
At the end of the day, everyone wants to know they matter. When someone browsing Facebook is distracted by an ad, goes to the site, and points a little further, they don’t want to feel like a fool when the cute jeans they click on leave them with nothing but spinning wheel for 30 seconds. . She wants these jeans to show up right away, to be in stock in her size, and to come with free shipping.
Likewise, a good CRO service provider partners with every customer, celebrating every increased percentage point in conversions. They analyze and develop plans, revise and implement, then start over, as many times as necessary.
Greg Walthour is the founder and CEO of SocialSEO. SocialSEO was named the #1 digital marketing company in America by UpCity and offers a variety of digital marketing services including SEO, SEM, social media, influencer, email, Amazon, video, and more. Based in Colorado Springs, SocialSEO is a national brand with a diverse client base.